If you think smartphones don’t go missing too often and that there isn’t too much data stored on them either—think again!
Here are some results from a recent US study which might surprise you:
- There are 5 billion smartphones being used in the world—this means 81% of people own one!
- 48% of users rely on applications which offer remote access and are encrypted
- 42% believe that in the next 2 years application dependence will significantly increase
- $29 billion are lost annually in the United States alone
- 125,000 smartphones are lost every year in Chicago taxis
- 74% said they would go into complete panic if they lost their smartphone
- Causes of data loss: 44% hardware failure, 28% damaged or lost, 20% software corruption, 8% theft
- 25% damage or lose their smartphone annually
- 51% of smartphones are stolen from work places, and 25% from conferences/meetings
- 75% would be willing to pay $500 to restore lost data
And lastly, did you know that cloud storage could backup 100% of smartphone data, including contacts, apps, images, videos and music?
Cloud storage may not be able to make smartphones immune to disaster, but one thing cloud storage can do, is backup, secure, and have users’ important data ready for restore should they ever become one of the above statistics.